Saturday, January 10, 2015

A New Year

I love setting New Year's goals, resolutions, call-it-what-you-will.  I do it every year when we are in Charleston, South Carolina after Christmas, and keep the list in the back of my monthly planner calendar.

I often set goals related to exercise or sleep, like most people probably do, and I also try to expand my definition of resolutions. This year a couple of my quirkier ones are--

*learn to can something....anything!
*sew a garment that I am fully pleased with from start to finish, for myself (I sew frequently, but I'm often not pleased with *something*)
*keep fresh flowers on the table
*try to do FUN things with my children every single day, whether that means staying home and playing together for a while in the afternoon or going to the park or somewhere else....I want to enjoy them, have fun and be fully *present* with them.  These years are fleeting!
*write every day--journaling is good for me!

Now, in order to keep that sleeping resolution, I'd better get to bed....

1 comment:

  1. I like your resolutions. When I can this summer, I'll let you know, and maybe I can coach you through it. Wouldn't it be fun if you could just come over and we could can together? :)
    I made a sleeping resolution too. I am really trying to get 7 hours. No less than 6 hours, but I am aiming for 7. Since I like to wake up at 5, that means lights out at 10PM, which happens sometimes…..I have been reading to the kids beginning at 9:00 in order to meet my goal.
    Thank you for all of your comments on my blog. I do have a question though, when you comment, and then I reply (like I did this morning), do you get some sort of notification that I replied to your comment…..or do you get a notification that I commented myself? I am just wondering…...

    ReplyDelete